Wednesday, 14 July 2010
It’s no secret that I’m a fan of Joe Monster from From Beyond Depraved. In fact, I love Joe so much I’d like to adopt him and make him my boy ward much like Bruce Wayne did with Dick Grayson. We could fight crime together and, as I’m fond of a snazzy costume and am liable to insist upon it, we’d doubtless look pretty fabulous doing it, there would probably be sequins.
Joe works tirelessly over at his awesome blog to spread the word about all the great things about horror and share his joyful enthusiasm with us the unwashed masses (the unwashed bit could be just me; it’s been a long week). He really is one of the most knowledgeable, witty and kind writers out there so please do pay a visit to my boy Howlin’ Joe and send him some good clean cyber love.
In recognition of his sterling efforts Joe was recently, and justly, awarded the Versatile Blogger award and he has been kind enough to pass that award on to me, sweetly ignoring the fact that my versatility extends mainly as far as discourse on boobies and pointless asides about myself. But my own peculiarities aside, I’m honoured to have been among Joe’s chosen and to have been included alongside so many phenomenal blogs.
Now, lovely Joe reliably informs me that the acceptance rules for this honour are thus:
• Thank the person who gave it to you.
• Share 7 things about yourself.
• Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reason.
• Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award.
Ok, so here I go, once again a big thank you to Joe, go and read his blog now it’s awesome and one of the happiest places to be on this here internet. He has also just launched his latest venture Evil Cats (awesome!) and you should read that too.
Right, it’s all about me now, so pay attention. And now here are seven (PG rated) things you probably really didn’t need to know about me:
1) I recently had my little brother and sister’s names tattooed on my wrists. Feel free to say ‘aw’ if you like.
2) I love puppies. So much so whenever I even see puppies on TV my eyes well up with tears. Feel free to point and laugh.
3) I’m prone to incongruous obsessions. American Gladiators was the last one, but my most recent one is Hidden Object Games or HOGs as us kids on the street call them. I’m scared I may next decide LARPing is a good idea.
4) I have this recurring dream where I’m diligently searching a familiar house or building desperately looking for something terribly important, but all I keep finding is a dwarf playing the organ. I NEVER want to know what this means.
5) I’ve been vegetarian for 25 years. There is no ethical reason for this. I had an early crush on George Harrison and he was vegetarian so I thought I would be too. A marvellous triumph for doing things because boys do. I once fell out of tree for that same reason.
6) For a long time as a child, and sometimes still now, all I wanted to be was David Bowie out of Labyrinth. I think it must have been the hair and the outfits, or some strange chemical imbalance, but I still feel I could carry this look off.
7) When I got married I walked down the aisle to ‘God Gave Rock ‘n’ Roll to You’ by Kiss.
Now the fun bit: I now get to spread the love to some of my favourite people. Woo hoo! I would very much like to pass this award on to the following amazing blogs, all of which never fail to inform, amuse and inspire me. Please check them all out:
Lavender Lair of Horror
The Celluloid Highway
Watching Hammer; the Hammer Films Review
Dollar Bin Horror
Running Over Cujo with Christine
The Bleaux Leaux Reveaux
Hammer and Beyond
Little Miss Zombie