Jinx Links

Small selection of the things (other than blogs) that have obsessed me this week:

Zombie pinup calendar - Wish I'd found this last year.
Plight of the Living Dead - Awesome lady on Etsy who sells handmade personalised Zomb-me dolls. Excellent, unique gift for any horror fan (I got my husband one for Valentine's day). And the seller, Nix, is a doll herself.
Zombina and the Skeletones - My new favourite band. Can't believe I've only just found them. I defy you not love them too.
Vampire Hunter Kit - Want!!!!
Amazon One Star Reviews - Stupid people who hate classic novels. Love reading these, even thought I suspect some may not be quite what they seem.
Excellent article on Matthew Coniam's Carfax Abbey - King of the Zombies and Mantan Moreland as part of Matthew's Monogram Month, brilliant read.
Dracula: ‘And by the end I realised that it was all because Bram Stoker actually has no story to tell.
This could all be excused if the writing itself was interesting/insightful/anything-less-than-dreary. But from Chapter 5 onwards, this is utter filler. It reads like a first draft. No - not even a first draft. It reads like a set of scribbled notes of 'a novel I might write one day if I can ever dredge up enthusiasm for it'. But dredge he did.’
Frankenstein (complete with spelling and grammatical errors) ‘This is the most boring book i have ever read. I never actually finished it because there are are so many long words that by time you've stopped to look each one up in the dictionary you've forgotten what hapened at the beginning of the sentence. To sum this up in one word: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz’
Psychoville - I've been waiting for ages to see this and I wasn't disappointed, loved it..

Comments

  1. Zombina & the Skeletones are the best!
    "Nobody Likes You When You're Dead" is by far my favorite song by them, followed closely by "I was a Human Bomb for the FBI".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rentaghost

Clive Barker's Coldheart Canyon: A Hollywood Ghost Story

Horrific Beards I Have Known and Loved